This new tool has been designed by Javac Australia. Its purpose is to create less work and more accuracy for HVAC technicians. A simple 4 step system that offers faultless workmanship, protection for you equipment, and far less leak points than traditional methods.
Directions of use:
- Turn the valve on the Vac Buddy to number 1 to prevent any unknown pressures in the A/C System escaping.
- Connect a hose from your vacuum pump to the fitting on the bottom of the Vac Buddy.
- If you intend to use a Vacuum Gauge, install it in the marked adaptor at the top. If not using a gauge Leave the plug installed.
- Start the Vacuum Pump and let it warm up. The ultimate vacuum will be displayed on the gauge if fitted.
- Connect a hose from the A/C System to the marked fitting on the left side of the Vac Buddy. Some technicians use core valve removal tools or refrigerant retention valves connected directly onto the A/C System. In this case you simply connect the hose from the Vac Buddy to one of these devices.
All hoses, adaptors, fittings, Vacuum pumps, Vacuum Gauges and other accessories can be purchased from our store if you do not already have your own.
Once your setup is complete, follow the steps below.
Step 1- Pump Test.
This connects the Vacuum Pump and the vacuum gauge. You will get a direct reading on the gauge indicating how the pump is performing. This will also allow the pump to warm up before opening up to the A/C system.
Step 2 - Evacuation no Vacuum Gauge.
This connects the vacuum pump and the A/C system whilst isolating the vacuum gauge. Any condensibles are removed to protect the vacuum gauge from any damage or contamination.
Step 3 - Evacuation with Vacuum Gauge.
This mode will connect all three ports. Allowing the vacuum pump to evacuate the A/C system whilst showing the performance on the vacuum gauge.
Step 4 - Leak Test.
This mode isolates the Vacuum Pump and connects the pre-evacuated A/C system and the vacuum gauge. If the pressure continues to rise and does not settle, there is a leak in the A/C System.
Step 5 - Completion.
Once the A/C System is correctly purged the Vac Buddy can be isolated and refrigerant can be safely added to the system lines.
Caution: This tool was designed for accuratly purging the lines of A/C Systems. Any refrigerant inside the lines should be recovered before using this tool.
- Vacuum Pump Connection: Male 1/4 Inch SAE Flare
- A/C System Connection: Male 1/4 Inch SAE Flare
- Vacuum Gauge Connection: Female 1/4 Inch SAE Flare (Can be used with any 1/4” MSAE Vacuum Gauge)
- Main Body: Machined Aluminium
- Valve Type: 3 Port Ball
- Valve Knob: Moulded with rubber coating
- Ultimate Vacuum: 1 Micron (Depending on connected Vacuum Pump)
- Vac Buddy
- Brass plug to seal vacuum gauge connection
- Cap and strap to protect fittings
- Instruction manual